1) The shift benefited the nations that were located near the ocean and had multiple major trading ports, such as England, the Netherlands, Portugal, Venice, and Spain. England, being an island, had already conducted its trade overseas, and had a large trading fleet. This gave them an advantage over nations who had survived mostly through land-based trade, such as the Holy Roman Empire, Hungary, and France. The losers were mainly the african slave countries though they still received goods there were mainly poor and had very little active trade, only through slaves they had actual trade.
2) Chesapeake and New England had a lot of differences,Chesapeake had fertile land and large tobacco fields while New England had infertile and rocky land, New england had a great diversity in its economy and with more job specialization, forest production especially timber and and fishing, while chesapeake had only one cash crop which was tobacco.
3) This is a true statement, the colonists in New England made the colonies to please God. They were just people that wanted to please God and also did not feel the church was good enough for them so they created their own church with there own sets of values and rules to govern their beliefs.
4) The diversity in the middle colonies was due to the Dutch that had influenced the colonies. Squatters were present in the areas that were English, Swedish, and Dutch. These colonies were advertised the most which attracted many more people The opportunities that were the most available here both economically and in religious freedom. Which creates more unity and prosperity in the colonies.
1) One of the main factors that we see recurring in the text is the English taking the land of the natives, which obviously would have upset the natives, and the english brought diseases over which brought the already low life expectancy even lower. Natives also contributed to the growth of a stable and distinctive slave culture that had a mixture of native and american elements.
2) The enlightenment created different view on the king and why he should or should not rule the colony. The Great Awakening was a movement rooted in spiritual growth which brought a national identity to Colonial America. The Enlightenment had to do with intellectual and scientific reason rather than spiritual reason. Both the Enlightenment and the Great Awakening had impacts on the colonies because both improved the colonies’ reasoning skills.
3) Each colony had its own terrain that they had to learn to adapt to. The British colony had rocky and hard soil, so it was difficult to farm, therefore they used fishing to get food , the Mid Atlantic colonies used their large rivers and fertile soil for large scale farming which gave way for cities to be built around ports because they had many bays and inlets, southern colonies had warm humid climates best for farming so they had huge plantations of farmland which gave no way for cities to be built. Geography affected every aspect of life in the colonies it decided what job you had, what food you ate, what clothes you wear, and even if you were going to be rich or poor or educated or not educated,
4) England’s southern colonies in North America developed a farm economy that could not survive without slave labor. Many slaves lived on large farms called plantations. These plantations produced important crops traded by the colony, crops such as cotton and tobacco, the plantation owners would not have to pay the slaves therefore gaining money without losing any, which is why slavery grow at a rapid pace in the southern colonies.
5) Some major factors that led to the rebellion are found in the distinctive social, economic, and political structures in the thirteen atlantic seaboard colonies. England’s southern colonies in North America developed a farm economy that could not survive without slave labor. Many slaves lived on large farms called plantations. These plantations produced important crops traded by the colony, crops such as cotton and tobacco
Unit 1 essay
New England and Chesapeake