Background of the study
According to the Local Government Code of 1991 (RA7150), the barangays should provide basic services that include health and social welfare services which include maintenance of barangay health center and day-care center. Which is the local government are mandated to ensure support to promote health and safety.
Nowadays, population increases and so does the health services need. However, there is a problem as complained by many health centers that they can’t get keep in touch to the community by providing information about health because some people weren’t able to go regularly to health centers due to various reasons.
Queuing in the health center may be
Nowadays due to faster technology, automatic and intelligent systems, human life became comfortable; smartphone is one of such technology that is having different functionalities of user’s interests and use. Since there are existing systems for health centers, we’ve come up to develop a system that will benefit the health centers and the people of the community.
The developers’ common goal is to make use of a system that will benefit both health centers and the people of the community for giving each other information and to solve the old process of providing services in the health centers
The developers have come up with a decision to develop a system for the health center that provides information that may need of the people of the community. The web-based management information system for bacood health care center and a mobile-based system for the community in which is specially made for the health Center itself and to the people of bacood community in implementing a project. The system will help the health center by giving availability of information for the community. The system involves include appointment scheduling for the patients, seasonal health tips, module for the availability of health workers and doctors, and crowdsourcing of diseases of community for additional information for the health center
Statement of objectives
The general objective of this study is to create a web based app for the health center in helping, for them to manage the people and to aid them in giving information to the community.
And a mobile based app for the community for them to be able to interact with the system stated above.
• To raise awareness to the community to the well – known seasonal disease like cough, cold, flu, fever etc. and to help them cure or prevent the disease by giving info’s about it.
• To provide schedule of the doctor and health workers availability, to help save time for the community by checking on their phone rather than going in the health center.
• To help minimize the long queuing of line during checkup by giving digital numbers through their phones. And their will lessen the chances of the people getting caught of each other diseases.
• To establish a system that can publish information and announcement for public services like free medical mission etc.
• To have crowdsourcing module to determine the needs that the health centers will provide to the community.
Scope and Limitations
The scope of this study is to develop a unique management information system for the health care centers in bacood and a mobile app for its people to help them improve the management in its health related problems. The proposed system can be remotely controlled by the admin and can be seen in the communities’ phone. This system together can make their medical services and missions more precise and accurate to the people. The system will also be a big help in giving information and announcement that will be very useful to the community.
The proposed system is only limited to the health center of bacood and to the people of the community in bacood or the people who are currently using the services and for all who want to be a part in the health centers that are connected in bacood. However, maintaining the system is not under our responsibility and will fall under the hands of the admin or the one who in-charge in operating the said system.
Significance of the project
This part of documentation discusses about the different benefits that will get by the following:
People in the community – This study will benefit the people of community because once the system is implemented, the information needed by them
Health Center – This will benefit the health center to reduce paperwork and other time consuming task. This will help also to provide from giving public information and announcement
Department of Health – This study will benefit the department of health
Developers – This study will improve the developer’s skills in programming and logical simulation. This gives the developers to prove their skills from creating an application that will benefit the users need and help them how to the system works in the real world.
Future Developers – This system will benefit the future developers as guide or reference in their own efforts at any proposal or project. The researcher will enhance their analysis, knowledge and technical skills. They will gain programming knowledge and logical stimulation, knowing how to eliminate the certain problems of a system.
Definition of Terms
• Intelligent System – are technologically advanced machines that perceive and respond to the world around them
• Health Center – is one of a network of clinics staffed by a group of general practitioners and nurses providing healthcare services to people in a certain area
• Community – is a small or large social unit who have something in common, such as norms, religion, values, or identity
• Developers – one who programs computers or designs the system to match the requirements of a systems analyst
• Beneficiaries – the one who will take help or receives advantage from other.
• System – a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done; an organized scheme or method
• Crowdsourcing – involves obtaining work, information or opinions from a large group of people who submit their data via the Internet, social media and smartphone apps.
• Management Information System (MIS) – refers to the processing of information through computers and other intelligent devices to manage and support managerial decisions within an organization.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Study of Efficient Centralized Barangay Health Care Center Information System for Taguig City
According to this study, most barangay health care centers in taguig city used the manual system of storing records of every constituent in their barangay. The problems that every health care centers encounter in their manual system is more paper works, retrieving and finding particular information of the patient promptly, takes time on updating patient’s record, and having a hard time on collecting information from different location. The developers have come to develop a web-based centralized barangay health care center information system for taguig city using PHP and MYSQL Server that will record all the information of every constituent/patient in every barangay health center, to transmit records of medicine, equipment, diseases, and constituent from barangay to the municipality of Taguig in a quickest method and to have an ease of work and fast transaction in every barangay health center in taguig. (Deolazo, Lilibeth. 2013)